On National level we focus on the following working areas:
- In the working area of Policy Advice we are supporting the Ministry of Water to implement internal change processes and the ongoing reforms of the water sector as stipulated in the National Water Policy (NAWAPO-2002) and the National Water Sector Development Strategy (NWSDS-2006).
- In the working area of Regulation we are cooperating with the Energy & Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) to guarantee an independent regulation of the water sector.
- In the working area of Sanitation we are supporting an improved cooperation and coordination between the responsible Ministries, and the development of scalable sanitation solutions for small towns and peri-urban areas.
- In the working area of Capacity Development we are providing trainings to over 100 Water Supply and Sanitation Utilities within the country, as well as to the Water Development and Management Institute (WDMI) and the Association of Tanzanian Water Suppliers (ATAWAS).
- In the working area of Water Resource Management under conditions of climate change we provide support to the Ministry of Water and Basin Offices to ensure a just distribution of scarce water resources among water users under changing conditions.